Everyone at least once in his life has tried pizza "Quattro Formaggi", but I bet that almost no one has thought about making a pizza with four different tomatoes! Much healthier and much more exciting from my point of view...
This morning, I went to my favorite local market for food inspirations and my attention grabbed the most beautiful cherry tomatoes of all colours: yellow, orange, and red. I love cherry tomatoes. They are so sweet and healthy. The other thing that I found was a bunch of absolutely adorable baby-asparagus... so much juicier, than normal asparagus and less stringy. Finally, I bought my favourite sun-dried tomatoes. All of these made my pizza incredibly flavorous and drooling.
Cooking time: 40 minutes (+ 1,5 hour to rise the dough)
Serves: two people (on the photos below you can see only half of the ingredients for one person)
Ingredients (double of what you see on my photos):
175g (6oz) plain white flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp dry yeast
50ml (1.7 fl.oz) warm water
1tbsp olive oil
20 cherry tomatoes of different colours
10-12 baby asparagus sticks
2 chopped sun-dried tomatoes
salt and pepper
feta cheese (if you want)
Making the pizza:
Pizza dough can be "a strong nut" for beginners. It requires preciseness and courage, but with my tips below, you will never fail!
1. At first mix together warm water (warm means almost hot, but not boiling) and the yeast. Let the yeast dissolve whisking it a bit with a spoon. Then add one spoon of olive oil. While the water is still warm, mix together flour and salt and make a well in the centre. Pour your liquid into the well. If you are a beginner, you should do all the same not on a table surface, but in a big bowl, so that the liquid does not run away.
2. Knead the dough for five minutes until it gets smooth and elastic. Use your palm to punch the dough.
3. Form the dough into a ball, cover it with the kitchen towel and let it rest for 1-1,5 hours. When the dough rises and gets airy, punch it down for another 2-3 minutes. Then roll it into any shape you want on a lightly floured baking sheet. Your pizza should be around 1cm thick. Add lots of olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and some pine nuts. Put into the pre-heated oven 200C/392F/Fan and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Open the oven and add cut cherry tomatoes, baby-asparagus sticks, and sun-dried tomatoes. Drizzle with 2-3 tbsp of olive oil. Now bake for another 10 minutes until the tomatoes start almost boiling. Your pizza will also turn brownish on the edges.
5. Take the pizza out of the oven and add some fresh feta cheese if you want. How extraordinary and enjoyable! Delicious, yummy, crunchy and super-mega juicy! I love it! An exceptional summer day, full of colours and flavors!